Dr. Cynthia’s education, expertise and professional accomplishments.
- Ph.D. Cellular Transformation and the Psychology of Change, Union Institute, Cincinnati, OH. 1982-85
- San Francisco School of Fashion Design, San Francisco, CA, 1969-70
- B.S. Psychology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, 1965-67
- University of the Pacific, Stockton, CA, 1963-65
- La Chatelainie, Institut de Jeunes Filles, Neuchatel & Gstaad, Switzerland, 1960-61
- The Art of Radical Gratitude, DC Publications, 2008
- ReWire for Luscious Wealth, DC Publications, 2014
- Arts Perspective Magazine, cover photo, and articles, Colorado, 2007-2009.
- Lokkal Magazine, contributing author, photo essays, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, 2016-2017.
- Numerous newspaper articles: Washington, Montana, Colorado, and Mexico 1988 -2016.
- San Miguel Literary Sala Presentation, “Change from the Inside Out,” Mexico, August 2013.
- Guest speaker, Hibakusha Stories, 9 presentations in 2 weeks, New York City 2013.
- Japan Society event televised live to Japan, New York City 2013.
- Other speakers included Clifton Truman Daniel, President Truman’s grandson, Reiko Yamada, Shigeko Sasamori, Jong-keun Lee, Hibakusha (survivors of the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki).
- San Miguel Literary Sala Presentation, “From Radiation to Radiance and Gratitude,” Mexico, October 2012.
- Guest speaker, Hibakusha Stories, 11 talks in 2 ½ weeks, New York City, 2012.
- United Nations, meeting with Angela Kane, High Representative for Disarmament Affairs, New York City, 2012.
- Other speakers included Toshiko Tanaka, Reiko Yamada, Shigeko Sasamori, Hibakusha (survivors of the bombings of Hiroshima).
- Teatro Santa Ana, “Radiation or Radiance, the choice is yours!” San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, April 2011.
Psychotherapeutic Experience: 1981 – 2017
- Private Practice 1981-2017.
- Created and conducted workshops/seminars on self-esteem, self-worth, journaling, healing, and meditation, Montana, Colorado & New Mexico 1983-90.
- Professor, Shoreline Community College, Seattle WA 1993-94.
- Director, Wild Rose Family Institute, Billings and Red Lodge, Montana, 1985-89
- US Forest Service contracted me to lead group process for Crow Indian Fire fighters during Yellowstone fires. 1989.
- Adjunct professor for doctoral candidates, Boulder, CO 1987-88.
- Co-Director, Aspen Family Institute, Aspen, Colorado, Group, Family and Individual Therapy, 1981-84.
- Birthing New Worlds: Photography and Art Group Art Show, Hiroshima, Japan, March 2013.
- Solo Art Exhibits, Seattle, WA and Portland, OR, 2001-06.
- Fiber Allusions: A group work celebrating the merging of people and the environment. Lace and sprang sculpture five stories high surrounding three city blocks of the Transamerica Pyramid, San Francisco, CA, 1974.
- Rainbow Show: The rainbow used as a theme, incorporating art, science and mythology, group collaboration of an environment of fabric and fiber depicting the primordial swamp where life emerged. M.H. de Young Museum, San Francisco, CA 1974.
Color and Design: 1992 – Present
Color Consultant, Interior Design and Feng Shui to achieve balanced and harmonious environments.
- ReStyle Interiors, Portland, OR, Owner 2005.
- Exquisite Interiors, Seattle, WA, Owner 1999-2004.
- Developed four-color wheels to access clients’ personality type and essential nature.
- Created environments to reflect client’s passions and dreams.
- Transformed spaces into works of art.
- Residential, business and retail interior design.
Wilderness Experience and Guide, 1976 – 1981
- Assistant Leader, 1st Mt Everest clean-up 28-day expedition. Built dump sites and picked up trash up to 18,500’, 1976.
- Solo 8-day trek around Mt. Annapurna, Nepal, 1976.
- Another woman and I climbed Gokyo Pass, an 18,500’ glacier with ice axes and crampons, 14-day trek. Nepal 1976.
- Professional White-Water River Guide, 1976-81. I am one of the first female white-water river guides, guided professional trips on these rivers:
- Grand Canyon, Cataract Canyon, Green River, West Water, Middle Fork of the Salmon, Rogue, American, Stanislaus, Dolores, Roaring Fork, and in Alaska the Copper, Alsek and Tatschini Rivers.
- Solo Treks – Sierra Nevada’s and Rocky Mountains, vision quests and silent retreats.
- Guided people in the wilderness, created non-threatening environments to promote change, risk taking, group facilitation, conflict resolution and stress management.
Born and raised in Southern California, schooled in Switzerland, lived in Iran, India, and currently lives in Mexico, and traveled the world.